Dualing boards

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeff Shaw on March 24, 2005 at 21:19:00:

In Reply to: Re: Seahunt... posted by seahunt on March 24, 2005 at 18:44:42:

I am going to chime in here... (ding)

Seahunt I think that you have been goaded into responding. Not that I blame you. It is tough to let some things roll off your back.

It is not my place to make suggestions to anyone, but being the silent type and laughing it off might... well it might... ok all it might do is save on a lot of typing. However in the end there can be some satisfaction in taking the high road.

It ain't an easy road.

The two boards are kind of fun as they are.

This one is simple. It attracts the newbies, bughunters and photo enthusiasts in general that still have the wild eyed youthful approach to the sport. Even the veterans are so in love with the diving that they post tons of photos good, bad and downright silly. Pescadores and popes.

I really like this format and appreciate the moderation. Sometimes I just need a dive fix, so I come here.

The other board...
You gotta admit the characters and mud that slings all over the place can be quite a riot. I wish that I saw more dive logs there. The more tec and DIR nature would be a fantastic place to learn more about this. They do frequently get into some good discussion of technical concepts. Then the same folk will go on a rant unworthy of the intellect shown on previous posts. There is a lot of good natured ribbing along with the virulent ones.

And the sock puppets there are creative and outstanding. Yin - Yang discussions on the art of war. Schitzo bipolar clones that gang up on mirrors of each other. Hollywood could never write this stuff.

Sigh!

But Mr. Seahunt, no one anywhere has done anything to match "Seahunt's Diving - For the Fun Of It"

So let them slam you.

If you respond, it is kind of like Hemmingway chiding a cub reporters bad review in the local gazette.

-Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]