Re: negative post

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dwill on March 24, 2005 at 22:52:38:

In Reply to: Re: negative post posted by AADIVER on March 24, 2005 at 22:06:42:

Frank I understand that not all artifact is recovery is illegal. But from my point of view being legal still doesn't make it right.

I can understand the desire to take things as well. I had a great desire to take things off of the Doria, after I got over being scared shi%less just being there. I did the dive into the first class area to LOOK at the china didn't see any becuause for the most part it's all been taken, that made me mad as hell.

You see I went through a lot of training, spent a lot of money on that trianing did a lot of dives to work up to the Doria went to the Doria twice before tying to where the china used to be not being able to see any of it partly becuase people had taken it all was not a good feeling, in fact it pissed me off.

On the upside I got to see the Doria before it fell completely apart something a lot of people didn't and won't get to do.

Just imagine for a minute how you would feel if you went all the way to Truk just to see the tank on the San Fransisco, only to find it torn apart because someone wanted peices of it. (I know you can't do that there just an examaple)

I recently had to do a sneak dive to see something I wanted to see simply because there was no way we could get permit to do the dive. Why because every other wreck in the area has been stripped by divers and they don't want this one touched. That's sad Frank, very few people will ever get to see this particular wreck because other people took whatever they wanted whenever they wanted from other wrecks in the same area.

Anyway, I think you see my point. And I understand yours as well. Just as you probably don't agree with mine, I don't agree with yours. But that's okay too...

Just as I don't expect that you will change your mind and ever stop or advocate not taking artifacts, I think you'll understand if I don't stop harassing through sarcasm those that do take them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]