Trip Report - two-day on the Peace

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jlyle on May 08, 2005 at 13:02:14:

Got back last night from Ventura and a Friday/Saturday trip on the Peace to San Miguel and Oil Platform Grace with the SeaDivers. Fortunately, the national weather service was wrong - we had wonderful conditions, both days. The crew on the Peace is fantastic and I put on a couple of pounds from the great food.

Captain Eric put us on Boomerang, Wilson's, the Foul Area (aka Canyons), Shark Park (no sightings of Ruth), and Westcott Shoal the frist day. Visibility was very good at depth, but the water was cold at ~50 degrees. Hunters were happy with nice takes of vermillion rockfish and the photogs on board took lots of pictures.

Everyone decided to forego the night dive for a run to Santa Cruz for the evening. The next morning, we woke to find smooth conditions and sunny skies at Platform Grace. I was the third diver in the water and could see the Peace on the surface from 100 feet down!!!!!!!!! Of course, scallop hunting mucked up conditions a little on subsequent dives, but it was a great day to be on the rig. Eric made the short run to Anacapa for two final dives before heading for the harbor.

It was a fantastic two-day on a wonderful boat with lots of friendly people. It all made the traffic snarl they call the 405 bearable.

I'm sure that Chris & Elaine are going to post longer reports with lots of great pictures, soon.

DSAO,
Jim (jlyle)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]