Re: I have a hard time understanding that one

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rational Unified Process on May 20, 2005 at 09:40:01:

In Reply to: Re: I have a hard time understanding that one posted by Ross-O on May 18, 2005 at 21:23:32:

The reactivation request happens when you alter a set configuration on your machine. You can view this using RegEdit or other OTS utility. Somethimes it's delineated as a user preference selection and sometimes it's done by the installation utility provided by new software that use the same registry slots. When ME or XP machine registries change recorded profiles, and the program is one that partially relies on the regs to profile users and program use authentication, such problems will exist with re-activation attempts. Simple fix is preventative in nature. Don't install the program more than once on a single machine, don't use competitive products on single machines (yah, right!), and don't become a pain in the butt to Technical CS when you do have a problem. Someone already said, you could just join the ranks of the pirates and become a flagged tracked statistic.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]