Date: 5/30/05
Dive Location:Marineland
Time: 9:00
Bottom Time: 37 minutes
Max Depth: 46 feet
Vis: 15 feet
Wave height: 1-2
Temp at depth: 51F
Comments: Jeff Shaw joined me for another attempt to find the tire covered structure Christian found in February. BTW, it was nice meeting you and Dave (Dazedone) in the parking lot. We were unsuccessful again, but still had fun. Jeff lost his mask while entering the water. Despite the good vis close to shore we couldn't find it. Being DIR I always have a spare mask in my pocket. After the dive we went back to the entry pouint to look for Jeff's mask. Four of us got back in the water and looked for about five minutes before giving up. As we were leaving the point Jeff spotted his mask on a rock about five feet above the ground. Some nice person retrieved it, either from the water or on the beach and left it where Jeff was able to see it. The four intrepid mask searchers joined Drysuit Greg for a dive debriefing at Starbucks. After dropping Jeff off at his house I realized I had left my wallet at Starbucks. All the way there I was thinking to myself how much hassle it was going to be to replace my Driver's License, ATM card, Nitrox card, insurance, AAA, Social Security, Hollywood Video, Vons, Albertsons and Ralph's cards and anything else I couldn't think of at the time. Fortunately, another nice person found my wallet and turned it in at the Starbucks counter. Great day for a recovery!
We did manage to see lots of Globe crabs and Moonsnails.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]