Re: Nitrox- Poll question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Claudia Snyder on March 27, 2000 at 19:09:27:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox- Poll question posted by Chris on March 27, 2000 at 16:52:17:

The safety of Nitrox makes me wonder, too: why would anyone dive with air at 80% nitrogen? While more and more divers get bent within the limits of the tables, The safety margin with nitrox is almost double that of air limits. Most shops don't want to spend the money for an oil free system, and some will claim to provide nitrox in a system that is not oxygen clean, but there are plenty of places to get hydrocarbon free nitrox. Eventually, maybe more will catch on. Yes, it costs about double what an airfill costs, but for hydrocarbon free, oxygen enriched air, less fatigue, and tremendous safety, that is a small price to pay. Those ignorant of facts would claim that their profile does not dictate nitrox use, where in reality is for everyone, except deep diving. I have used it for over three years, and on multiple day dive trips I am really glad I do. Only 1 boat (in Long Beach) has it, and those who do not have oxygen clean systems, and hydrocarbon free air are not an option that I would use.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]