Re: poseidon regs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curt Billings on April 27, 2000 at 21:08:46:

In Reply to: poseidon regs posted by scott beatty on April 23, 2000 at 20:01:11:

Where to buy a Cylcone 5000, I do not know. However, I use and recommend the Poseidon Odin which is a similar reg. I use the Odin on 100 to 200 dives a year. I did have a Odin first stage fail after about 150 dives a couple of years ago. But it was not signifcant to change my opinion. I dove and compared the Odin once to the Cyclone 5000 and I found the Odin slightly better. The angled diaphram was impacted less on rocks and other things in tight clearance situations. Breathablity, by my observation, I could not tell the difference between the two. The Cyclone was/is a fine reg. But if you are not set on the Cyclone 5000 then take a look at the Odin. I say this because I don't know where buy a Cyclone 5000 but I can recommend where I got an Odin. I got my most recent one Sept '99 at www.leisurepro.com Their current price is $325 and my ordering experience was perfect with one notable highlight. The actual shipping/handling was 1/3 less than quoted and I was billed the lower rate. The product came fully warrented by Seriousfun, the North American distributor. The quotes I got from 2 shops in Orange County CA were in the ballpark of $500+, ouch. The Odin is an excellent 1st and 2nd stage reg. and at $325 mailorder, say $335 delivered it is nearly disposable. Be aware that parts and labor on Poseidons are more expensive than average. If you need a major overhall consider the price/benifits of a new reg to the cost of repairs. If you do need service I would recommend Jocko at Dive N Surf, Redondo Beach. He does a excellent job on repairs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]