Re: Want wreck diving coordinates

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin Rottner on May 26, 2000 at 11:03:11:

In Reply to: Want wreck diving coordinates posted by Greg Pirolo on May 25, 2000 at 20:09:53:

Dear Greg:

Hello.

I am the divemaster for the California Wreck Divers.

I just wanted to point out that we do not charge $ 35 for the wreck coordinates on our wreck website ( www.cawreckdivers.org ).

We do charge $ 35 a year for club membership, and encourage anyone and everyone who is interested in wreck diving and our rich maritime history to join. This $ 35 barely covers the cost of copying and mailing out our monthly newsletter, The PORTHOLE.

I would be glad to give you the locations of most of the wreck for free and at no charge, please e-mail me with the names of the ones you are interested in diving.

Its no big secret where most of these wrecks are, and Loran/GPS/DGP/Lat-Lon/Shoreline-ups are available from many sources besides us.

I encourage everyone to join the club, come out and have some fun. We will also have a booth at the SCUBA 2000 show and will have many treasures and artifacts on display, so that you can get a taste of what we are all about. I will be manning the booth on both days.

Hope this clears up any confusion as to the $ 35 annual club membership fee. Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested in wreck diving.

Kevin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]