Re: Deep Air Diving... long

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JR Gordon on September 30, 1999 at 21:08:41:

In Reply to: Re: Deep Air Diving... long posted by Max Bottomtime on September 30, 1999 at 19:32:53:

Max,

I agree that many of the prerequisite courses seem redundant and should be condensed. It's unfortunate that the agencies have clustered the ladder in this fashion.

You mentioned a couple of the benefits of diving mix such as longer bt's and shorter deco, but you missed the greatest benefit, perception-having a clear head. In the event of a catastrophic incident at depth, having a functional, working brain easily could be the difference in your survival.

From your post I gather that you belive you're not getting narc'd on these deep dives. Until you actually try mix at depth it will be hard to convince you of the difference. You'll be amazed at your clarity, and your ability to remember even the smallest details from your dive. It will change your diving philosophy completely.

You've got the equipment, the experience, and the skills(I was on the GE Sat). Please take the time and talk to J.Walker about his certification program. Consistantly diving solo at depth is russian roulette.

Sincerely,
JR Gordon

That second profile of yours Sat. really concerns me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]