Re: advice/opinion on dive lights requested...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 11, 2000 at 18:28:14:

In Reply to: advice/opinion on dive lights requested... posted by kelphead on July 11, 2000 at 17:29:37:

Posted by kelphead on July 11, 2000 at 17:29:37:

since i may be thinking of getting a 'halcyon' myself, i thought that this style/shape of dive light would be ideal since i can attach it the same way (as opposed to dangling off my b.c. now via a male/female 'fastex' clip).

I think you mean a Extreme exposure light which happens to be sold through Halcyon.

I have both the Pro 3 and Pro 14 which are the very large light's with the cannister attached to the light head. SInce I know the kind of doing you are doing I would suggest that these lights for you are overkill. I will have them available at the DIR demo I'm doing at Reef Seeker's Thursday night.

On the other hand you may very well be referring to the scout lights ( also sold through Halcyon ). These lights are durable, rugged and are what we use as backup lights. But that being said they are back up because they are easy to store, they are streamlined, they are dependable and will work if we need to get out of a cave, wreck and will work just fine when used as a primary in most of our local diving environments..

And surprise, I'll have a couple for you to check out at the demo on Thur.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]