Re: Going to Kona: need advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sea urchin on July 15, 2000 at 07:27:49:

In Reply to: Going to Kona: need advice posted by Eric Sedletzky on July 14, 2000 at 22:18:57:

Hi Eric
You'll love Kona.
Nothing in Hawaii is cheap, and surly not diving. If you could find a cheap dive operation I'm not sure it would be safe. Most dive opreators charge about the smae for boat dives, and well beach diving is next to nothing to start with. Beach diving in Kona is good but not great. You could check with the local dive clubs at www.ilhawaii.net~irwin/. They can help with good beach diving.
As far as boat diving goes I am partial to one opreator and that is Dive Makai and they have a web at www.divemakai.com. They aren't cheap but worth every cent for the great places they take you and the critters they will show you. Other dive operators are Kona Coast Divers, Jack's Dive Locker, and Sea Paridice. Ad a few more that I know nothing about.
You should be booking now, like today with someone as they fill up very fast. They are basically 12 packs.
One other that seems to be good althought I have never dived with them is EcoTours. I think they have a beach diving group too. I am really not sure of that.
Anyway have a wonderful time in Kona.
Make sure you post a report and maybe some photos.
Bye
sea urchin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]