Re: attn:mhk...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 08, 2000 at 13:47:34:

In Reply to: attn:mhk... posted by kelphead on August 07, 2000 at 18:49:08:

Glad to hear it worked out well. As far as re-adjusting it, don't worry about it. That's why I have them so people can demo them. In fact, since I now have 10 sets I'll keep a few adjusted smaller, and a few adjusted larger, no big deal.

What did you think of the streamlining??

Remeber, like I said it's a PIA initially but once it's sized properly you don't need to adjust it. Also, I'm not sure I follow your logic about a AL -v- SS. If you are going to dive here primarily the SS would be better. As you noted in your e-mail the concept of ditchable -v- non-ditchable. If you'll remember what I spoke about at the DIR demo you want enough ditchable weight so if you need to ditch, you can get to the surface, but it is also wise to have some non-ditchable so as not to rocket to the surface. The 6 lb SS BP provides that safety mechanism.

Let's discuss if you want.

And dropping it off @ reef seekers is probably easier since I've been traveling a bit and will continue to do so for the next couple of months.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Later

PS. I still don't agree with you on the Yukon ;-). Did you dive it while you were in San Diego???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]