ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 09, 2000 at 14:18:39:

In Reply to: mike, this is getting ridiculous--PUUUUULLLLEEEZE!!!... posted by kelphead on August 09, 2000 at 13:30:10:

Okay, so we cleared up Govt. intervention... Now, as to scuba as a self-policing industry, I believe that we have not seen government intervention by in large because even though we have a fatality now and again, on an overall basis the fatality to diver ratio is minimal. But that's changing and any excessive injury site is sooner or later going to catch the eye of some publicity seeking politian who is going to save the world. SO unless we keep our act clean, we won't be free of government intervention for long. For that reason, is why I'm talking about us, within the industry, implement suggestion, regulations, standards or whatever the hell noun you want to put in there. I don't care what you call it, but restricting access to an OE, for someone untrained in such environments, isn't such a revolutionary idea.

And just so we can keep the DIR thing out of this, I'm not at all suggesting that you need to be DIR to dive the Yukon. That is not my position.

I have answered your direct questions, now how about you answering mine. Do you think someone NOT trained in cave diving should be allowed access to the caves???

Yes or No..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]