Hang in there....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on August 19, 2000 at 22:26:46:

In Reply to: Two novice divers rescued by Lifeguard at Leo Carillo posted by JC on August 19, 2000 at 06:19:04:

I can't think of a scarier scenerio than what you went through today - being rolled by heavy surf in full gear. I hope that you'll come to see this as a learning experience and won't be afraid to get back on the horse and try beach diving again. As others have already posted, there are many classes and seminars out there that will teach you the skills you need to make safe shore entries. It's just a matter of practice and knowledge. Also, if you ever want to try out a new dive spot, don't be afraid to post here or on other diving forums asking for an experienced dive buddy. You'd be surprised at the number of responses you might get. When I went up to Monterey in June, I did just that and ended up diving with a very experienced local who was more than happy to show off his favorite spots. It was a great experience - I ended up diving a spot with a very difficult beach entry that I never would have, or should have, tried on my own. But I was able to do it safely, and have a good time, because I was with someone who was experienced with the conditions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]