Re: were they solo?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 08, 2000 at 16:50:35:

In Reply to: Re: were they solo? posted by Jason on September 08, 2000 at 13:38:19:

Jason,

Come on, don't you fall into this trap as well.... I know you well enough and you know me well enough.

I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. At the time the shit hit's the fan your chances of surviving increase DRAMATICALLY ( not marginally, not a little bit, not slightly ) but enormously!!!!!!!!!!

We hear all the time from experienced divers that * I know the risks, etc. etc. etc.......* and then as soon as there is a solo death these same people claim that it isn't really a solo death or that it isn't something that could happen to them, blah, blah, blah...

Do not any of them consider the fact that the same corpse that is laying in the grave have made the same arguements the day before they died???

The death in Laguana, from what I'm told, the guy had 1,000+ dives.

The death In Catalina recovering the anchor had 1,000+ dives

Ron Fuller had 1,000+ dives

The kid at the oil rigs had 300+ dives

The Korean who got caught in the lobster trap had 500+ dives

Does anyone on here believe that these divers didn't think they were experienced enough to solo???

Complacency kills and very few people on this list are willing to acknowledge this fact.

It can't happen to you until it happens to you, and then by then it's too late...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]