Re: Another solo death

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on October 18, 2000 at 14:51:40:

In Reply to: Re: Another solo death posted by MHK on October 18, 2000 at 09:32:47:

To quote MHK:

"I have specifically requested, for example, that Frank Farmer outline his system line by line and let's discuss it. In typical fashion, rather than answer and justify his postion he went on to attack..

I putforth my system and we have analyzed it to death and no one is dying using DIR system. Frank has introduced a concept that defies logic but refuses to stand by his recomendations.

You can either defend the system or you can't and I think it's irresponsible to get on a scuba forum and recommend a disorganized approach that will ultimatley lead to confusion in an emergency situation."

My "system" of independent diving relates directly to any other solo activity, i.e., airplanes, hiking, mountain climbing, skiing, etc. That system is absolute self-reliance and self-rescue skills coupled with a tremendous amount of experience. Whether that is a "system" or not, I have never once recommended or endorsed my personal diving profile to ANYONE. And neither have I "introduced a concept". Read the Best Publishing book, SOLO DIVING, which was published over ten years ago.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]