Re: DIR question +

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on November 13, 2000 at 23:52:39:

In Reply to: Re: DIR question + posted by Frank on November 12, 2000 at 09:46:48:

yeah, as paying clients, we tend to follow DMs at the tropical resorts on deep, dangerous air-sucking dives in current, seemingly for the sole purpose of fighting a 2 knot current at 70fsw for the sheer hell of it (at least on the first day, then we tend to blow the guide off). Tropical waters can be very deadly, having been dragged to 153fsw in a downwelling once, i have utmost respect for Mer Madre! When i do shift to a DIR type config, i want to use it on every single dive, whether its a two-hour drift in paradise at 20 fsw or whether its a local wreck penetration in the cool murky stuff. One thing i want to avoid is shifting between rigs. I've had my current equipment for so long, that i can find and operate everything blindfolded. Had to use a rental rreg this last Sunday and boy, was i in for a wakeup call! KISS in every aspect is my opinion! from gear ownership to standardization across all types of diving across all points of the globe!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]