I demand a recount re: MHK

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalDiver on November 16, 2000 at 12:49:32:

In Reply to: Re: In Defense of MHK posted by Don Lake on November 15, 2000 at 19:56:30:

Oh, I don't know about that "funny" part ... ( ;

but I appreciate the fact that Mike's extremely knowledgeable about the sport, is generous of time he could be using to rack up income, clearly has nothing financial at stake in advancing his views, and gives backup for his information/arguments. That last part's crucial -- readers have a way to evaluate the posts for themselves. So agree or disagree, the debate is helpful to develop divers' awareness.

Hate the guy and all he has posted? Fine, then come up with counterarguments that are informed and well reasoned. Just don't launch an ignorant attack, or if you do, be aware that somebody's going to jump on it, especially if it's mean-spirited. There's plenty of eye-poking to go around in this crowd.

Anyway, I don't agree with everything he says, but I'm glad he says it. Well, most of it. ( = So knock off the tweaking, guys, it doesn't make anybody look good and must sure as heck turn off the newbies, who have the most at stake here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]