How do you feel about limited planning on rec dives?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 19, 2000 at 19:34:28:

In Reply to: Re: Ascent rate question for MHK and TLEEMAY posted by MHK on December 19, 2000 at 19:02:49:

I'll give an example. We are diving from a recreational boat filled with a mix of divers. They anchor at many locations around the channel islands and all we are doing is exploring. We are not going to any particular depth and not looking at any specific things. We start at the max depth that looks interesting and follow the reef (up current) and eventually return to the anchor line with 500 PSI. It is a multilevel dive of sorts because we slowly ascend during most of the dive.

To me, this s where the computer comes in handy. The dive is essentually unplanned as there is no "mission" other than just sight seeing.

On dives with a purpose and a planned activity, I agree that the tables are the best. How else can you really plan a multi level dive such as the Yukon?

If it is true that SC does not force students to learn and embrace the tables, SHAME ON THEM. But then again they may be simply teaching folks to follow a DM in the tropics... To bad these same "divers" might want to try diving in our ocean!

Wayne

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]