Re: Part 2.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on January 03, 2001 at 17:52:26:

In Reply to: The Cosmology of DIR on the West Coast - Part 2. posted by seahunt on January 02, 2001 at 21:06:04:

I have read your first part and am following this with the same interest as I have all of your posts. I understand that you are voicing your opinion on DIR and you are surely entitled to that. You say you even have read JJ's and WKPP's website and I don't doubt it. However, I think you have not yet physically touched or dived a DIR or even a close-to-DIR rig. That being said, your stance reminds of a conservative person resisting change, be there improvement in it or not. That surprised me. I thought you were an adventurer.

BTW, if you could overcome another one of your pet peeves--furthering dive education--you'd learn that there are indeed ways to safely help and control a panicked diver. But I agree with you--a 5' hose is not one of the tools to achieve that.

Seahunt, you seem to be a smart person, educated, passionate. What do you have to lose if you actually go ahead and experience DIR hard- and software first hand? It is so easy to do. And full of insights.

Happy New Year,
Eins

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]