Self-Suffiniency/ what do I do differently

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on January 23, 2001 at 18:54:49:

In Reply to: Re: A good read, Solo Diving, Art of Underwater Self-Suffiniency posted by mike (the bug-hunting photog one) on January 23, 2001 at 10:29:57:

Redundant air supply, not a spare air, but a pony bottle, I have even used independent doubles, I have a Horse Collar BC that has 2 independent bladders, made by Dacor, I can usually free dive to 30 ft, I make my dive no more then 60 ft,If I plan deeper I will work on free diving to the needed depth, I will dive a site that I rate as a low risk. I keep my water skills up, but when planning a solo dive I will practice using the equipment that takes the place of my normal stuff, I lap swim at the local pool 3 times a week, 1000yards, I will increase that up to usually 1500yards. I believe divers don't need to be expert swimmers, but we are in water after all, and the only time you get in it should not be just when you dive. I am a expert waterman, Navy Diver, Water Survial Instructor, Red Cross Water safety Instructor, and Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]