Finally, the message is understood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 06, 2001 at 15:33:34:

In Reply to: Learning More (DIR Demo) posted by Jim Hoffmann on March 06, 2001 at 15:01:52:

By in large if we accomplish anything doing these demo's is to get every diver, experienced and newbies alike, to take a fresh look at their diving habits.......

While we believe firmly that DIR is the most optimal way to achieve safe and effecient diving, we fully recognize that not everyone will agree with use.. But as long as the issues get aired and people re-think their efforts we'll assume we've made a difference.

This list get's a little heated sometimes about issues such as solo, computer, deep air but the fact that both sides get there viewpoint across helps. I get e-mails all the time during these flame wars from people that tell me that while they don't want in on the pissing contest, they appreciate the candor when talking about practices that are taken for granted and that even during the wars it has caused many to re-visit issues that they have been complacent about.

Change doesn't happen overnight, but I'm also glad that as a community it seems that a fair amount of the diver's are taking a fresh look..

Thanks for being a gracious host...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]