Re: simple question;

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on March 14, 2001 at 22:44:52:

In Reply to: Re: simple question; posted by Steve Clark on March 14, 2001 at 19:41:57:

A lot of anglers practice catch 'n release, but in all honesty, many of those released limp back into the water to die of their injuries.

Way i figure it, is that one should treat hunting below the water with spear, or whatever other implemant, the exact same way as hunting on land with a rifle or crossbow; Shoot what one is going to eat and try to make a clean kill ('course failing to do so on that latter point can get a spearo in biiiig trouble; for those that don't hunt, 'taint as easy as some make it out to be!). Most of the spearos i know personally, take one or two fish per year (perhaps that's because they can only get one or two days off of work..who knows!). Most that i know also eschew sheepshead (not the best eatin) or Sebastes (not enough left, populations too low).
Really, if i want to target practice, a piece of styrofoam tied to a float and ballast will do the job rather than the demersal buddies that we all like to see in the kelp forest.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]