Re: deep for me but prolly not deep for you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 19, 2001 at 12:02:12:

In Reply to: deep for me but prolly not deep for you posted by RaiderKarl on March 19, 2001 at 11:41:28:

Karl,

I'm glad that we have provided food for thought and I hope you take these protocols into your future diving endeavours, but may I suggest that you take the 100' END to heart..

It's a sound principle and while it may seem like a pain in the a** sometimes, if something happems at 130' or 150' or even deeper the last thing you want is narcosis to deal with..

One of the guys that is a regular poster to this list routinely dives to 165' + on air solo with a wetsuit and steel tank and no BC. He has been known to blow off safety stops because he is eaither low on air or OOA but more importantly it is these kinds of dives that will eventually catch up with you..

Advances in technology have allowed us to approach these kind of dives to be done more safely and more efficiently so why rough it just because some used to do it that way????

It takes very little effort to modify these type of dives to do it right and makes all the difference in the world when you are at these depths..

Diving should be done safely and while some may want to stubbornly cling to the *old ways*, there are other's that desire to take a look at advances and do the same thing, but just increase the safety margin to our favor and not leave ourselves open to unacceptably high risk factors just because some have been doing that way for years..

We leave the macho thing at the dock and prepare in advance for the what if's, and not argue on a bbs that *it's hasn't happened in X years so why bother???*..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]