Re: how I understand it

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 09, 2001 at 14:25:54:

In Reply to: Re: how I understand it posted by MHK on April 09, 2001 at 13:59:06:

"In other words, if your AIR II fails or leaks or freeflows you'll need to disconnect it."

Same thing if your power inflator free flows, disconnect it and fix the problem or just use manual inflation for the duration of the dive.

"AIR II's are useless in an OOA scenario in an OE so how would you recommend a diver plan a dive in an OE, and if you like we can use the Yukon as an example?????"

I don't understand why you think this.

"Also a swivel is also an added failure point and by routing UNDER the arm how do you propose to pass it off??????"

Mine is long enough that I grab it the same way you do and extend the arm, it goes out to my full arm extention. Plus it is streamlined and tucked in. Solid brass and well built, I used it on the Moody. It has been tested to 146'.

"The octo is the one to donate for non emergency air sharing. Why are you sharing air in a non-emergency "

I'm talking about a good buddy team will not ever have an OOA because of good gas management and monitoring. The non emergency sharing comes in when divers want to or need to extend deco or bottom times and have ample time to donate 7-9' hose attached to the octo.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]