Re: Hose Stuff

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 16, 2001 at 22:27:54:

In Reply to: Hose Stuff posted by mattschechter on April 16, 2001 at 17:59:50:

"If you are emulating DIR (which you may not be and this may be a moot point) the primary is on the long hose and the back-up is on the short one under you neck. If the long hose is used for the reg under your neck and the short is on the primary, you can't donate the primary and the hose is useless and gets in your way."

I wouldn't call it emulating DIR. I'm not DIR but I want to do some tech diving so I'm checking into some of the different hose configuration that are recommended for this type of diving. I'm not sold on the DIR hose config for rec diving because the long hose seem to cause drag and the short hose is too short for air sharing. I do like a 36-40" primary routed under the right arm, this is DIR. It's out of the way and doesn't catch on kelp and is long enough to buddy breath or donate. I want to find a good way to store a long hose with octo that's out of the way and doesn't cause drag.

"Maybe you should give it another try."

I probably will but the long hose around neck seems to cause a trapping of water and drag. I have a Ranger wing and it has a long inflator hose that I have an airII attached. My Ranger came with this bungied velcro regulator attachment. I could put the bungy around the airII mouthpiece and clip it high to my right d-ring and have my backup under my chin without the problems of a necklace.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]