Re: 'recreational' diving

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on May 05, 2001 at 14:37:02:

In Reply to: 'recreational' diving posted by scubabum on May 03, 2001 at 08:47:01:

I think part of my concern, which is why you see me getting animated sometimes, is that more often than not what you say is NOT true..

By in large what you get when you get *recreational* divers venturing into the deeper stuff you get a lot of 8 well it's worked for me this long so why change???*,, the hardest thing to get experienced divers to understand is that it is a whole new ball game and the bad habits, or the habist you maybe able to get away with in the shallow stuff WILL NOT work when you get into deep diving.. Part of my frustration is that very concept when you have *experienced* divers rendering advise that is simply WRONG as it applies to the deep stuff..

The mindset is the hardest thing to change so when guys give out that cavalier stuff about dives such as the Moody it strikes a cord..

So with all due respect, I disagree with your conclusion because I see it all the time.. You need a mindset makeover as well as training in deep diving. You can't just modify a profile and take a otherwise *recreational* diver and make him a deep diver...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]