Re: I suggest a truce

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 05, 2001 at 16:44:34:

In Reply to: Re: I suggest a truce posted by Jeff B on June 05, 2001 at 16:20:44:

Posted by Jeff B on June 05, 2001 at 16:20:44:

then why not give him that lattitude and move on with whatever it is you may want to accomplish?

Jeff, you raise some fair points but let me respond to the final comment.. I'd love to do just that but what happens is that I offer my thoughts and then Seahunt jumps in under the guise of *he's been diving for 30+ years and has 3000 dives* and then throws out nonsense, to someone that doesn't know any better they may believe his BS, so what happens is you get sidetracked into the sideshow quagmire that is known as Seahunt.. He then ventures into fantasy land and unless you respond someone may think that there is some merit to his positions...

Seahunt dives in a manner that is unsafe, reckless and should not be followed ( even he will tell you that you shouldn't follow his way of diving).. My only experience with him is at one DIR demo and from what he says here on the list.. I've invited him to dive with us at my own expense but he has declined..

There are many, many cyberdiver's in cyber world and in my view the only way to judge someone is to get in the water with them and see what they have.. We dive with newbies all the time and Walker has been doing these GUE Fundamental classes regularly and it's amazing how many poor diving habits have been acquired over the years by experienced diver's. Accordingly, from what he says it's clear his diving knowledge is lacking and absent his willingness to dive you can only go with what has been introduced by him..

We'll be doing a DIR Demo at the Sport Chalet in Claremont this evening and as with the many other demo's that we have done over the years, you have some that want to hear what is being said and you sometimes have one in the bunch that just wants to break chops, Seahunt is the list equivalent of the class clown, so I always feel the best way to deal with that kind is to actually engage them and make them speak about the issues. Seahunt has steadfastly refused, whereas we speak to the issues day in and day out...

Hopefully you'll more fully understand where I'm coming from...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]