Re: they would probably sue the dive boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on June 14, 2001 at 23:26:33:

In Reply to: they would probably sue the dive boat posted by CalAbDiver on June 14, 2001 at 09:44:29:

yah, i have a Master's Degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. Unfortunately for those of us who study carbon-based machinery, there are precious few laws we can work with. GW's tend to be scavengers but others such as Makos, seem to be active predators. GWs of course, could very likely switch from being simple scavengers of whale carcasses to active predators, depending on what's available and how abundant a given resource happens to be.
Evolution however, defined as a simple change in gene frequencies, has been observed in the laboratory, and in the wild. Natural Selection remains a theoretical, but nonetheless, explanatorily powerful idea. The idea that we evolved from monkeys etc etc, has support from the fossil record, comparative DNA studies, embryology etc etc, but of course, history can never be truly verified. For all you or i know, the War of 1812 never occurred, and we have no way of testing the statement that it did. Just mounds of historical and circumstantial evidence.

Well, off to Farnsworth, to stick a few delicious fishies and hopefully, catch a glimpse of a landlord, or giant sea bass with half a spear stickin' out of it ;-) If the toothy little sucker attacks me, i'll sue God for creatin the darn thing in the first place!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]