Problem with Scubapro

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on June 24, 2001 at 22:06:18:

Im having a problem with Scubapro, not with their product, but with their policies. Up here in Santa Rosa we have one dive shop which is an authorized Scubapro dealer. It is my personal opinion, but I think the owner is a prick and I choose not to do business with him. Since he is an exclusive dealer he feels free to price gouge.
10 miles south is the town of Rohnert park, and there are 2 dive shops there. One of them is owned by the same guy as the one in Santa Rosa (he is allowed to have Scubapro there also) and the other one is independent (the one I shop at now). Being that the shop I choose to do business with is not allowed to carry Scubapro or service their products means that I have no where to go if I need Scubapro stuff. If Scubapro has a certain mile radius policy why is this man able to carry their products in two stores 10 miles appart?
I think this sucks and I would like some owners of dive shops to please respond and give me some advise on how Scubapro runs their archaic business. I tried to get on their website and e-mail a complaint but for some reason my Mac does not work with their website.
Also the guy at Bodega Bay Pro Dive has been denied dealer status also because they say he is to close.
I know many people who feel the same way and if Scubapro want's to continue this hording policy then I will do whatever it takes to make sure everyone knows about it causing potential damage to them and the dive shops they choose to do business with.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Eric Sedletzky
Santa Rosa, Ca.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]