Re: Why Shouldn't I Attend?/You should.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 25, 2001 at 10:11:24:

In Reply to: Re: Why Shouldn't I Attend?/You should. posted by Steve on June 22, 2001 at 12:17:50:

Posted by Steve on June 22, 2001 at 12:17:50:

To be honest when I saw MHK and JW working as rep's for Halycon at the scuba show it crossed my mind. I'm only human and I'm trying to get these ugly thoughts out of my head.

Then you should have just asked us and we would have been happy to explain it...

There is no magicical, hidden conspiracy other than what some want to dream up..

I've posted this in the past, but I'll post it again...

GUE is a non-profit training agency headed by Jarrod Jablonski...

Halcyon is a manufacturing company started by Robert Carmichael in response to the needs of the diving community which was asking certain manufacturers ( ie; most notably DiveRite) to make gear that met increased spec's.. JJ in now a partner in that company...

WKPP is an organization that explores Wakulla Karst and is headed by George Irvine.. JJ is a very prominent diver within the WKPP, but again, this is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization...

John Walker is a GUE instructor but has ABSOLUTELY no ownership interest in ANY of the above..

I'm neither an instructor nor an owner of ANY of the above.. I do NOT make one penny from any of the stuff that I do and it generally cost me money to do it.. In the interest of full disclosure I do get a keyman discount on my Halcyon gear purchases, which is not uncommon in the dive industry...

This is a passion for me and ANY suggestion that there is some hidden agenda and/or profit motive is BS and you should perhaps ask the question when we were at the booth rather than get on here and hint at some conspiritorial aspects..

We have been very, very open about what we do and why we do it...

I hope this clears up those *ugly thoughts in your head*...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]