Re: Streamlining

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 26, 2001 at 09:31:39:

In Reply to: Re: Streamlining posted by seahunt on June 25, 2001 at 21:59:29:

Posted by seahunt on June 25, 2001 at 21:59:29:

Just about the only time I ascend an anchor line is when diving a wreck in SD and that's not my idea of good diving. I also usually leave that line, because all the knuckle heads doing strange things on it. It seems that the divers that know their stuff and want to ascend that way, use lines

OK, so you are at Fansworth [or any other deep pinnacle] and the current is ripping, your chosen method of ascent is to do a free ascent and let the current take you even further away from the boat????

Come on Seahunt think the problem through.. There are many good reasons to use an ascent line and having both hands being used for checking gauges and dumping inflation is less than optimal.. Can it be done??? Sure.. Is there a more efficent way to do it??? Yes, and we are explaining how and why...

BTW, assuming you are doing your free ascents in open shipping lanes do you use a lift bag to indicate to topside that a diver is under??? If so, wouldn't you need a free hand???

You have to think the problem through.. ANd what about the boat who can't see your bubbles in a ripping current as you are drifting away, how do you get back to the boat????

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]