JRM

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on July 02, 2001 at 13:10:25:

In Reply to: good math! posted by CalAbDiver on July 02, 2001 at 12:44:24:

Stands for Joshua Ryan Massie, which is my full legal name. It doesn't really rhyme with anything, at least in any decent meter. If you look at my email address, josh@massie.org, you'll see exactly who I am. Hell, just do a "whois" lookup on my domain, all the pertinent info is there.

As I used to tell people when I did telephone technical support, "please make sure you spell it right in your complaint" ;-)

And I fully understand about freediving. Search back in the archives, and you'll see that I sometimes characterize myself as a freediver who occasionally uses SCUBA. But I've quit hunting rockfish for ecological reasons, and reduced my hunting significantly also.

And please, why don't you *read* my posts. Do a bit of work and an archive search, and let's shop and compare. And yes, Karl, I happen to also lurk the BA_Diving and SFBay_DIR lists. Surprise, I'm not in SoCal. I'm in Fresno. The BA lists serve me quite well, and again, I use my real name there.

Karl, I have nothing against you personally. But I do feel the need to counter what I feel is a foolish and ignorant position with regards to Abs. Take only what you can eat. I personally, will probably not even take an ab this year. I found myself trying to justify my collecting to my wife, and not liking the things I was saying.

So Karl, I'll invite you to post your full name and real contact information. Come on, you can do it. Consider this my "something positive" before I run back into my hole ;-)

JRM

-- Karl, again it's not anything personal. I'm no expert on any facet of diving. Someday I may be. But I know a little bit about abs, and I think you're wrong in your opinions. I appologize for calling you a moron earlier, that was a bit low. But my contact info is freely available to all. Let's level the field, and have yours. I would love for you to prove to me and the world that you no longer fit the classic definition of "sock puppet."

-- man, how many arcane USENET terms can I pack into one post? I sound like a geek. Wait a moment, I am a geek! Hmm, no wonder dates were so hard to come by ;-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]