Re: denial of "your reality"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wood on July 03, 2001 at 17:15:59:

In Reply to: Re: stop living in denial posted by Tribes on July 03, 2001 at 10:52:03:

I would love to see signs posted on the wreck, that is a fantastic idea. There already is a group of divers that work to keep the markers clean, I'm sure they would work these as well.

As far as telling whether someone is lying or not, if the DM is talking to them then it's to late. The screening has to be done over the phone. Throwing divers off your boat before leaving the dock is a sure fire way to find yourself out of business.

I know at least two of the boats do offer the DM service for a charge.

As far as the community "living in denial", which seems to be your favorite catch phrase, I think most are very well aware of the present and coming dangers. Some do more than others to try and keep it safe and accessible to divers.

I may be going out on a limb here but I think it's reasonable to expect divers to research the destination, don't we when we travel? I know this does not happen in all cases, but most people ask question about the wreck before booking a trip.

If the boats wanted to make more money as you suggest, we'd just raise the rates. It's a captive audience and it would be easy to do. It's not about money.

And I strongly disagree; right-side up or not it never would have been a “Disneyland”.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]