Body Glove it is!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on July 10, 2001 at 10:21:34:

In Reply to: Body Glove sponsored $5000 Reward posted by Curt Billings on July 09, 2001 at 22:57:33:

I just bought a Body Glove and the next time i need new gear, it WILL be Body Glove. This reward exemplifies the type of ACTIVE PARTICIPATION that is sorely lacking in much of the recreational industry. When a manufacturer steps forward and offers its resources back to their customer base in such a benevolent way, they have earned my business!

I am deeply greatful that they (and others) care about the most magnificent resident of OUR waters! The Giants in OUR waters, by their mere presence honor our will to protect significant and precious life. I hope that someday they will be granted the status of the garabaldi. Every dive is a potential (grand) encounter that adds immeasurably the overall diving experience.

The 80-100lbr's class fish that we often encounter are from the incredible spawning season during the 83' el nino. That particular year class had an exceptionally successful survival rate. The Giants are making a comeback, but they are not out of trouble yet. They still suffer low larval survival rates because of lingering DDT in the environment. Also there is a steady mortality rate from incidental recreational catches and the commercial gillnetters are still allowed one 'incidental' kill per day for the market(!).

Thank you so much for caring.

Protect that which you value!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]