You did not say what style you want in a watch...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 13, 2001 at 16:46:56:

In Reply to: Question about Watches that can be used for diving... posted by moonpieboy on July 13, 2001 at 15:15:49:

My wife dives in a G-Shock she found rolling in the surf on a beach. Took a while to get the sand out of it, but it works great when diving (she wears a more petite one when she is not diving). She has had it at depths of approx 100 fsw and no problems.

A good friend dives in a sporty Timex black plastic watch and has no trouble at all and she often dives pretty deep.

I wear a Freestyle Hammerhead and love it. It is a nice looking stainless steel watch that goes well with a suit and tie or a suit and hood. It has the feature of being able to instantly switch its band adjustment to accomodate wearing it over my wetsuit. Had the battery replaced by the factory last year and they do the replacement and test it and re-warranty the watch for something less than $15 or so. So I really like the Shark watches.

Mine was a bit more than $100 at a dive shop but was on-sale for less than $100 at Sports Chalet. Like all good diveshops, this one reduced the price to match Sports Chalet.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]