Re: Need a lawyer/questions

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 07, 2001 at 14:50:40:

In Reply to: Re: Need a lawyer/questions posted by Cygal on August 07, 2001 at 14:40:12:

It sure sounds like you had a crappy dive experience, and hopefully you'll post the name of the shop and DM.. However, it is just bad customer service and nothing that a capable certified diver should have allowed themselves to get into that position..

I'm sorry you got hurt and I wish you a full recovery, however, as I stated above, YOU are responsible for yourelf underwater.. Not the DM, not your buddy, not the boat captain, not anyone else but YOU...

Sounds like the DM was a jerk, but given your account above there are any number of things that you could have done to prevent yourself from being involved in that CF, including; but not limited to, aborting the dive when you had bouyancy control issues at 20' and if you had such a horrendous experience vis -a- vis the NO DECOMPRESSION dive on dive one, then why did you do dive 2?????

Take some personal responsibility and resist the temptation for some bottom feeding lawyer to get more involved in frivilous, nuisance based lawsuits.. That will only hurt our sport and you probably signed away your rights anyway and good luck in the Mexican courts..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]