OK guys here it is!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by justtryit on August 14, 2001 at 16:32:35:

In Reply to: Re: Halcyon bp harness configuration: wrong? posted by AADIVER on August 14, 2001 at 15:38:29:

If you would just look at the straps when the are NOT crossed... EVERYONE see's something is wrong. The straps should not load on just one edge!. there is at least 8inches of space between the top of the BP and the back of your neck, Plenty of space for the straps tp cross over and in the crossed over config the staps
#1 are about 2inces longer YET fit snugger! (this allows one to "Don & Doff" much easier and therefore FASTER)
#2 the strap MEMORY is in the shape it is when the rig is worn not closed, so you don't have the possible putting the right arm in the wrong strap problem
#3 the load is carried EVENLY across the strap not on one edge!
#4 this is totally DIR but MHK does not yet know it I will be as up front as he is with this idea and am willing to show ANYONE in person the advantages!! including MHK if he has a moment to spare and i think he will at least agree it DOES conform to DIR.
just post here if you wish to see and i will do whatever i can to bring one of my Halcyon rigs AND Dive-rite rigs to show it can be done on ANY BP!!
PS you are welcome Kelphead

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]