Another approach you might consider

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on August 15, 2001 at 18:31:44:

In Reply to: my re-entry posted by retrodiver on August 15, 2001 at 17:25:40:

First, you have been out of diving for a LONG time and your skills just might be a bit rusty. The fact that your local Chalet does not offer a refresher course is not a big deal really. Find anoter place!

Depending on what you want to do with your diving, you might consider doing a SCUBA TUNE UP with a local divemaster. Start in a pool and refresh those muscle memories and relearn how to control yourself in the water. Once you have regained your underwater composure, and can pass of on all 18 PADI skills, it is time to carefully move back to the ocean. I suggest that this not be done wth 2 newbies, but rather with a DM or instructor. Get the hang of cold water diving.

Then take advanced training. You will get back to your old level (20 infrequent dive newbie) quickly and then it is time to perfect your skills in a formal setting. There are lots of instructors -- many of them good. Find a good one and lear the fine art of local diving. Wnen you dive well, it is a bunch more fun and rewarding. For what it is worth, I would continue to take classes at least through RESCUE before you stop. You will find the programs will keep you diving and learning. And the divng is really good here.

Good luck and remember Frank's 4 rules of diving (posted elsewhere on this BBS)

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]