Re: skill level and stress management

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wood on August 22, 2001 at 08:37:55:

In Reply to: The old ways aren't always the best ways posted by e-shark on August 21, 2001 at 20:48:26:

I think you'll have a hard time finding the GUE instructors imposing stress due to a bad mood. My exposure is so far limited, but they seem to be a very professional group.
The interaction results in either an increased skill level and comfort with your own skills, or the realization that this level of diving is not for you. I think it's pretty obvious the need for this to be determined early on. If you don't like being stressed out, how are you going to react when the s*** hits the fan at 250, or in a cave 500 feet from an opening. This level of training is the exception to the normal sport training rules and procedures.
I don't want to find myself diving with someone in the extreme only to find out at crunch time their skill level is not my own. If what some people interpret as "aggressive" skill testing is what separates this diver from me, then hand me a banner to wave.

dive safe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]