mike i carry around a lot of gear i need underwater in that "clutter"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on August 23, 2001 at 16:33:43:

In Reply to: Re: the only advantage i see to a backplate is when crawling into a cave ... posted by MHK on August 23, 2001 at 15:59:27:

i dont like stuff to dangle loose like a christmas tree. i can respect looking like a christmas tree if you are hiding yourself into a cave or diving to several hundred fsw depth and there might be an emergency and you need to grab something fast.

introducing DIR gear to the open water is like introducing cliffhanging gear for walking down the street to mail a letter.

taking tank boots off tanks when not diving in a cave is like walking butt naked to church on sunday. you might scratch something unintentionally.

ripping off someones mask is the maritime equivalent of assault and battery.

its like a bunch of middled aged groupies who missed out on BUDS or something when they were young are trying to recreate it in their old age. why didnt all of you all just join the Navy when you were 18? they dont age discriminate until you reach 26, which is early middle age by Navy standards.

if i ever plan to follow you into a cave, Mike, then I will then gear up exactly like you do. in that case your life would depend on me and mine would depend on you. where's the treasure map?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]