PLEASE READ - On Monday, let's show them what we're made of.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ChrisM on September 14, 2001 at 10:23:06:

(and for those that think they don't have enough to invest, go to buyandhold.com or sharebuilder.com, you CAN invest with $20).

Saw an email last night at the Aquarium before my dive that I initially dismissed but, while diving, came to believe was a great idea for the country, as opposed to what is necessarily good for me or my retirement portfolio.

Think of it - what would happen if, Monday morning, every American bought 10, 25, 50, 100, shares of stock, in any company, and held onto them?? Whatever they could afford, $10, $100, $200, $1000, anything, and pump it into the economy??

Blood banks runneth over (well, they still need it, but this isn't mutually exclusive), donations can be made to private and public organizations, but they can also be made to the country. Try, as I had to, to get out of the "investment" mindset and get into the "recovery" mindset. This decision is not about "investing", but about "sending a message."

You may lose it. So what??? So many have lost so much more than that this week, and I fear many more will lose as much or more in the coming weeks, months or years. Many of the people that died worked in the financial industry, helping us to make the American dream come true, from the janitors that made sure the wastebaskets were empty and the floors were clean to the traders that analyzed the markets for us.

More money can always be made.

Let's show the motherf'ers that we will rise up from the ashes and take back that which made us great, that we will not go quietly into that dark night, that the sleeping giant has been awakened, that it will take a lot more than a few cowardly acts to bring down what is, in my humble opinion, the greatest nation on earth.

I am emailing this to everyone I know, please do the same if you wish.

ChrisM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]