Re: Diving this weekend ....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on September 14, 2001 at 11:42:09:

In Reply to: Diving this weekend .... posted by Kevin on September 14, 2001 at 11:17:00:

It took me a while to come to the same decision. At first it seemed somewhat inappropriate -- why should I allow myself to escape from the reality of the world we live in while at the same time, so many people are still uncertain as to the extent their lives will be forever changed by these events? How can I focus on diving when so many still do not even know whether they should be mourning their loved ones yet or not?

In spite of these thoughts, I'm still heading out to see if they'll even let us get close enough to the oil rigs to dive them -- they say we can. I'm going to go out and experience first hand what irrational over-reactive security restrictions we can impose on ourselves to overcome the embarrassment of this week. Talk about barricading the barn door after the horse has already escaped . . .

I'm still not sure going diving is the right decision, but the only thing that actually seemed like a valid activity this weekend was driving back to NY to see if they'd let me help dig.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]