Re: sounds like the real thing was similar to the subsequent training

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by retrodiver on September 14, 2001 at 21:44:12:

In Reply to: Re: sounds like the real thing was similar to the subsequent training posted by Grunt on September 14, 2001 at 20:06:57:

I don't think we can win a war, Marine. Not that we don't have the people willing and able to do it, but I don't we have the strength as a nation to do it. Look at how we were betrayed in Vietnam, look at how we were betrayed during the Gulf War. The Korean War drags on, and on, and on. How much have we spent there. We haven't had the resolve to win a war in more than 50 years. We like our MTV, A/C, and boat dives too much. I fear we are doomed to extinction.

Just watch to news tonight and you can already see the media pulling in on the reins.

If I thought we were really going to go after our enemy, and show no mercy, then I'd be the first to re-up. I think it's only fair that we old-timers man the trenches, if we expect the young to die for what we believe in.

I don't think I could hump a ruck for 24 miles anymore, but if I could catch a ride to the line, I'd hold my position to the end.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]