Picked my spot for opening night!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 15, 2001 at 20:08:02:

This morning I went diving with my wife. We anchored in about 40 fsw somewhere off Palos Verdes. We wanted to dive some kelp and see if we could still dive California after all that warm vacation water. Well, we found an area that had at more than ten bugs over 8 pounds. They were being a bit shy, but right out in opening of their holes. Sometimes 3 or 4 fighting for the opportunity to stick their antennas out. I was touching antennas for fun and they did not even back up! Somehow they know we can't take them yet.

Then we played in thick kelp to see if we could get hung up. We stil can. We then went back to the anchor and then back to the boat. After we were putting all the gear back I noticed that my compass module was no longer in the console (I was already in dry clothes and had eaten lunch). I searched for 25 minutes under the boat (where I last saw it) and came up when the reg started to breath harder (low air). Then I had to borrow the wife's tank to unstick a brand new anchor that hangs on a bit too well.

So all in all not a bad day. I have noted the spot for opening night. I lost a compass module (dang). I had the opportunity to lose myself underwater diving with the wife. A great Saturday.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]