Re: Sherwood Regs

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HD on September 19, 2001 at 00:02:36:

In Reply to: Sherwood Regs posted by BadFish on September 18, 2001 at 16:24:21:

Well I finally have 2 cents. Here they are:
In 1976 I bought a new Sherwood 3000 regulator. I used this thing on countless dives (I've never logged one of 'em so I don't really know exactly how many, but let's say hundreds). I used it up until April of this year when I was forced into buying a new one. Reason? Sherwood stopped making parts for it and I was in need of a servicing. Even pleas for parts on the board here went unsuccessful. But it still works like the day I got it.

Sooooo, since I was risking a life (may have been yours) I decided to buy a new one. Hmmmm, who(manufacturer) was I gonna buy from? Well I seemed to be swayed by my last purchase and again went with Sherwood. I bought the Sherwood Oasis. Its a good reg for most of the water conditions I expect to encounter (mostly warm 70-80 and mildly cold 50-60 deg water). It has the moisture retention fins which seem to be working, allthough I don't remember having a dry mouth problem before anyway. It is small in size and has exhaust ports which make it so I never even see my exhaled air unless I look up. It breathes without a problem. It has none of the get-in-the- way knobs for minor (unnecessary) adjustments and is a balanced reg.

Oh yea...I'm not a dealer....
:-)

The other models all have different features (water temp specs, hose configs, etc.) but the Oasis seems to be a pretty good reg for all around use. Good luck and let us know which one you eventually purchase.

And again...if anyone knows of a shop with a set of Sherwood 3000 parts...let me know. I'd like to keep my old one as a back up.

Dive Safe. HD.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]