Re: Comments about MHK's observations of Wayne.

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne's Daughter on September 19, 2001 at 07:15:18:

In Reply to: Comments about MHK's observations of Wayne. posted by Chris on September 19, 2001 at 03:31:06:

Just so you know a little about my dad and what I think from the perspective of knowing him for 35 years...

My dad was a super intelligent man and highly educated. This is a man that would not put his 5 year old, 4ft tall, 65lb grandson in the car without a carseat. He was incredible at assessing risk.

I know that had my father known about Farnsworth he would have not dived that day. Had he been pulled aside and told that diving there was not a good idea he would have not. I know this because I know him. My dad was a very trusting person and I am sure that he put his trust in the people that had trained him that were running the dive and his diving buddies. I am extremely surprised by all of this because like me my dad was a constant researcher. Had he researched Farnsworth himself or been informed of the risk by the people that he trusted he would have made a different decision that day.

It should be a lesson to all divers not only to dive regarding their experience level but to research and assess the risk before you even hit the water.

Amy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]