daffy-nitions

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ptf on September 24, 2001 at 07:05:12:

In Reply to: Re: Where were all the chocolobsters anyway? posted by DougD on September 22, 2001 at 21:15:13:

Some of the divers went way beyond the designated depth. few went as deep as 26 feet. the deepest depth was about 20 feet
the slight has a very slow slope to it and to get to 26 feet required you to be about 100 yards beyond the floats which
marked the outer boundary.

Salt? you mean you don't know what salting means. Are you a product of the post Govenour Ray-Gun years? Have you read
Samuel Clemmons (yep I spell like walker today) aka Mark Twain. To salt, is an allusion to the gold mining days of what a
miner would do when he had a claim that sucked or panned out. He would lour prospective buyers by salting a mine. In this
case he would sprinkle some real gold dust or a nugget or two on the floor of the mine. Thus we loured you to the great
chocolate lobster dive by salting the area with lobsters.

Hey Don't blame me man if a few bags were water logged. No we do not open the bags or do anything malicious with them.
This is the first I have heard of this and I suggest you write a non flamatory note to the organizers of the event. Most
of the event is volunteered to keep the Cabrillo lab running from year to year. This is the first I have heard of one
the bags opening up. Supposedly bthe are hermatecally sealed to prevent the occurance you are reporting.

Here is a better way to get the bugs. ALL the participants should gang together and just do one large concerted search.
Instead it looks like gold rush days of every man to themselves.

See ya next year.

ptf

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]