Re: hee hee... worms CAN fly...

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on September 24, 2001 at 16:26:16:

In Reply to: hee hee... worms CAN fly... posted by Bob3 on September 24, 2001 at 13:50:24:

Bob;

I have to admit that my Odins are over eight years old so perhaps the Swedes have made certain design improvements, but something told me to check. I called two shops regarding your assertion that the Jetstream now uses standard hoses and no longer uses the hose OPV. One is a tech shop which sells a fair number of Odin/Jetstreams and just received a new batch from Poseidon. Both shops told me the Jetstream still uses the same old expensive custom fitting. Yes, while the newer Odin also has a first mounted OPV, the hose OPV is still standard. BTW, a 7' Jetstream hose goes for around $75 retail from a non-OEM supplier. We're talking the Jetstream, now, not the Cyclon second and not the second for the ffm-I remember you asserting a few months back the Jetstream now had a hand removable cover only to have it be that it was the ffm reg you were thinking of. If the hose change is the result of the switch to OMS, that's not five years old.

As for the kits for $17.40, both shops laughed at that. While the laugh may be on them for paying Serious Fun or Poseidon too much, you, Sir, seem to have the best price going on these things by far. BTW, does your price include the HP seat? You know, the one that's so much fun to change. If so, you're getting them well below key man even without the Serious Fun mark-up. Well done.

At the end of the day, the Odin/Jetstream still retails for over $500. While you can no doubt do better than that, most people on this board pay retail and there are many high quality regs available for less.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]