Several points

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brianc on September 26, 2001 at 08:25:50:

In Reply to: Divemaster Class; Does this sound kosher to you? posted by msblucow on September 25, 2001 at 23:10:21:

1. Expect some responses here that are just unhelpful knee-jerk PADI bashing. Ignore those people.

2. If what you wrote is complete, then your instructor is lying to you! An internship is one of two methods of completing the PADI DM course. The other method is to do "practical situation" sessions. In those sessions experienced divers (in my case an AI class) role-plays as students having problems. I was given a choice of what method to use to complete my program and ended up doing both - I'm glad that I did it that way.

3. Some bad instructors and and shop owners hurt the reputation of those who teach because of a true calling to share their knowledge and joy of diving. It sounds like you ended up with some of the bad ones. Consider changing shops. Just like an OW class referal, you can complete your training with a different instructor and shop. This sounds like a bad situation that will not get better. Do you really want to work with such people?

4. Any shop that wanted me to wear their gear better be handing out top-quality gear for free!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]